Here at KOREC we love an analogy and this cycling one works a treat!
This year the Tour de France gave us a Wout van Aert as the winner of the prestigious stage 20 time trial in Paris. But he didn’t win the race. That honour was earned by the Slovenian Tadej Pogacar and it was he who finished the race wearing the yellow jersey.
Similarly, if your scanning operations depend on a speedy turnaround for your client, then you can be sure that the Trimble X7 has the features to get you over the finishing line first because the race doesn’t end without a fully registered point cloud that’s ready for the creation of 3D models, drawings etc.
Here are seven reasons why the X7 is unrivalled when it comes to delivering a timely, quality job:
- The Trimble X7 provides you with options to speed up your time on site. For example, thanks to a new firmware update (as recently shared by our laser scanning expert Melvin!), auto-calibration can now be switched off for shorter scans. This can save you 30 seconds per scan providing a 30% speed boost. Remember, you are in charge of the workflow, not the manufacturer, instrument or software. If you don’t need HDR photographs, you’d don’t have to have them, similarly for difficult surfaces or objects, with the Trimble X7 you can simply turn the high-sensitivity scanning mode on or off as required.
- It’s not all about the time the scanner is turning and collecting data. The X7’s auto-levelling feature ensures that you are ready to go as soon as you set the instrument down. The X7 has the IMU and dual axis compensator on all models, meaning data is always level to survey grade accuracy and does not require the same level of post-processing as those that don’t meet that same accuracy specification.
- The X7 doesn’t stop when you do! Infield registration is happening while you scan, full scan refinement, georeferencing, colourisation and export, in the same software on the same device, means that whilst you’re driving around between sites, the X7 is still working, registering the data so that it’s ready to send or transfer at the next stop.
- Or if you’re really pressed for time, you can use the wireless capabilities of the Trimble T10 Tablet and send the registered point cloud from the field.
- The full onboard registration in the field also provides data surety – you can be sure that you’ve got everything whilst still on site so need for return visits for missing data.The unmeasured points view from each Station View assures you nothing has been missed whilst you’re still on site. This allows you to fill in any important areas before leaving, a great time saver if it’s something that may mean a return visit or incomplete data set if you had to wait to do this back in an office.
- It’s got a handle 😉
- Finally, the Trimble X7 has been engineered to capture 500,000 points per second ensuring a high quality point cloud cutting down on any issues that can come from capturing more data than you need, namely extremely large data sets that are unwieldy to handle, navigate, transfer and store to archive.
Got a question? Want to find out more about the X7? Why not submit an inquiry with our friendly team?
Call UK Sales: 0345 603 1214
Call Ireland Sales: 01 456 4702
For anything else, view our contact page.