Sandton, Johannesburg – OPTRON (Pty) Ltd recently demonstrated the Trimble SX10 Robotic Total Station to one of South Africa’s leading building construction companies.
During the on-site demonstration, approximately 8,5 million points were collected, in 12 minutes from a single set-up.
Besides impressive features like 1” accuracy, high-speed robotics and the ability to perform 3D laser scanning at a rate of 26600 points per second, when used in conjunction with Trimble Realworks office software the SX10 proved its worth in three key areas: Productivity, Quality and Workforce Management.
Thanks to accurate results and the sheer density of the point cloud, we were able to perform a detailed analysis of the building under construction, including:
* Identification of missing or out-of-tolerance construction work – for immediate remedial action and avoiding costly delays
* Floor flatness inspections – to ensure prescribed accuracy tolerances and optimal use of expensive materials (screed)
* Slab deformation due to post stressing or load deformation i.e. who is liable for additional expenses
* Lift shaft verticality analysis
* Verticality analysis – for best fit and setting out of façade & curtain wall systems
* Optimisation of plaster on vertical surfaces
On the day, the Trimble SX10 raised the bar to the next level – setting a new standard for accuracy, capability and performance.
Special thanks to OPTRON (Pty) Ltd for allowing us to share their article.