If you have taken delivery of a new Trimble Access logger you may wish to use the job files from your old logger to carry on working on surveys and projects that you had not finished with before changing logger. You can do this by copying the files from the Trimble Data directory of the original logger into the Trimble Data directory of the new device, simple!
However, you may find that the job files from the original logger will not open in the new device if it has a later version of Trimble Access installed.
Don’t panic – Trimble Connected Community has a useful tool that can be used to update older Access and/or Survey Controller files for use in the most recent few versions of the Access General Survey module. The tool can be found on the Trimble Connected Community site
It is very simple to use following the on-screen instructions. In essence:
1) Copy the old files into a directory on your PC.
2) Go to the link above.
3) Upload you files to the website.
4) Select the version of General Survey that you wish to update to (you can check this in Access by tapping the Trimble icon at top left of the display and going to “About” where it tells you what modules are installed on the device and their version numbers).
5) Run the conversion and then download the files back to your PC.
6) Copy the newly updated files into the Trimble data directory on the new Trimble Access logger.
NB – If you are going to want to put the files back onto your original logger, after service but without a software upgrade for example, it is recommended to keep a copy backed up on your PC in the original version as it is not possible to backdate the job files.
It is also not possible to convert from Trimble Access to Survey Controller using this utility. This can be achieved by exporting to jobxml from the Access job file and then importing the resulting file into a new job in the Survey Controller device.
The file conversion tool can also be found through Trimble’s Business Centre survey processing package. Under the TCC menu go to the Trimble Access Services option and choose File Conversion from the window that opens.
If you need any help with this please contact our support team via our website or by calling 0151 931 6700